Monday, November 18, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 18

Day 18:  Maybe I should wait and see if something else presents itself to be thankful for, but I am quite sure nothing will top this one.  Today I am thankful for Jack's innocence where Kyle is concerned.  I have never shied away from the fact that Jack has a twin brother.  I talk about him with Jack, he visits his grave, and he knows that Kyle is in heaven.  Jack talks about him and Kyle being babies in my belly and dancing.  He has an old cell phone that he pretends to talk to Kyle on (at least I think he's pretending).

Some days are hard.  I miss Kyle and wonder what life would be like if he were still here growing up with Jack.  Some days are too painful to think about, some days are sad, but some days Jack talks about him.  He shows me that Kyle can be talked about and remembered without being sad.  Jack doesn't know what it's like to have a brother.  He doesn't really understand what it is to miss someone who has passed away and I am thankful for that.  When Jack and I talk about Kyle it's always in present tense and Kyle is with us - just in a different way than most other people.




No comments:

Post a Comment