Sunday, November 17, 2013

NBC Party

I know what you might be thinking, but no I didn't schedule surgery for this time of year just so I could thrown a Nightmare Before Christmas Party.  But you have to love the coincidence of it all - Jack is having surgery before Thanksgiving, which is before Christmas, being in a body cast will likely be a nightmare for a 4 year old and the main character's name in the movie is Jack.  It was "Simply meant to be."  Did you see that?  Another tie in - lol

And thanks to the after Halloween sales everywhere and the NBC merchandise at Walgreen's stores in the area, and the extreme number of people who love NBC and posted art on the internet I got lots of decorations for cheap.

How about the invitations.  Cute?  I was quite proud of them.





Then there was planning the food.  I was told many times that there was way too much food - you should have seen the list before I cut things from it.  I did:
BBQ chicken sandwiches
Taffy Apple bites
Fruit dip
Fall dip
Zero kibble
and . . .

Baked ravioli, Meatball sliders, Cheesy potatoes, Red Lobster biscuits with Lasagna dip

Oreo Turkeys, Jack Skellingtons, Chocolate covered Oreos, Banana split bites, S'more bites, Grape poppers

Chocolate covered Oreos

Jack Skellingtons



S'more bites

Banana split bites

Had these tortillas all ready to go for quesadilla, but I had too much food
I didn't get to make the fried raviolis and fried Oreos I had planned because there was simply too much food.  I was really looking forward to those.

Nana brought Jack a Minion pinata


I love to plan parties.  Is it sad that I've already started on Jack's birthday party for April?  Got the date and theme picked, know the menu and decorations.  Do I need help?


I just want to say a great big thank you to my family (and friends who are just like family).  You made the day very special for Jack and I cannot tell you how much that means to me.  There were a few who were not able to be with us, but I know you have well wishes in your heart for Jack.

P.S.  If I get around to it - hahaha - I'll post reviews on the Pinterst recipes I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment